Yesterday, The Department of Tourism (DOT) launched their new slogan: “It’s More Fun In The Philippines”
The feedback from the said slogan was overwhelming. Social media users immediately took part in spreading DOT’s campaign for The Philippines.
The logo at first looks like lego blocks but only did I realize it’s inspired from banig weave.
I love how each copy (meme) for the slogan is spells straight to the point witty. Also, spot the banig weave on each design.
Here are some of my reasons why it’s more fun in the Philippines.
- Nobody beats the hospitality of the Filipinos.
- Filipino cuisine. Our food is so good we have to eat it with rice!
- Everything is almost affordable. Food, clothing, transportation, lifestyle itself.
- Family. Close family ties give a sense of belonging & security which makes Filipinos exude more love to others.
- Culture. We may have been influenced by a few different cultures but it is to our advantage that we’ve been diversified, making it easier to adapt to other cultures thus less (language) barriers.
- Because even though we’re ordinary people, we’re happy people. We may not be a wealthy nation, nor do we have the prettiest airport (heads up, the government is working on it) but because it’s our nature to be genuinely happy, no matter how difficult situations are we manage to get by with a smile of course.
I also like how true the statement is. While traveling to other places around the world has been my life long dream, I am forever in love with my country for reasons I’ve stated above. Indeed there is definitely no place like home.
For more information you can check out Department of Tourism’s websites:
Happy Weekend Everyone!
What do you think about DOT’s new slogan?