Pasta is one of lil’ Ms. GJG’s favorite food. For a three year old to like oil based pasta, it’s refreshing and amusing. I have to say my Gabbie has adult like palette! Anyway, I’m sharing with you all an easy aglio olio (garlic oil) pasta recipe that I just created on my own. I find some oil based pasta lack flavor and taste so after trying a few times, I think I’ve figured out how to ‘spice’ it up.
And because some of you were asking, Now, my recipes are ready to print. Enjoy!
Shrimp Aglio Olio
Recipe Type: Pasta
Shrimp Aglio Olio that’s easy to prepare and cook. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Pair it with garlic toasted bread.
- 5 tsp. olive oil
- 5 tsp. butter
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 kilo shrimp
- 3 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 small pack of spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Clean, peel and deveine shrimp.
- Crush the garlic and remove skin.
- Cook pasta as instructed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add butter.
- Sauté garlic in oil and butter.
- Add shrimp, cook until they turn orange.
- Add parsley and nutmeg.
- Add pasta.
- Stir until pasta is evenly covered with the sauce.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with parmesan cheese (optional)
You can add a drizzle or two of olive oil once you’ve added your pasta if you find it too dry. Also you can add a dash of parsley & nutmeg too if you find the flavor lacking.
it looks delicious! thanks for sharing 🙂
Shara Santos-Yu says
i will try this for my husband ^_^
Hi Shara! Let me know how it goes ha. Tag me! Good luck! 🙂