I find myself refraining from applying lipstick during this hot, humid weather we call summer. The heavy coverage keeps me from loving it as much as I usually do but honestly, I cannot live without wearing one. So obviously, tiis-ganda na lang ako. Heehee. Luckily, I received these Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipsticks a few weeks ago and I must say, it’s one of my favorite every day lipsticks to date.
Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipstick offers a wax-free high-definition gel technology and delivers true color clarity without the heavy feel. It has an irresistible scent of whipped vanilla and cream mango with 20 trend-setting shades to choose from.
I was able to try 850 Iris, 825 Hydrangea, 865 Magnolia and 875 Gladiolus. How cute that the lipsticks are named after flowers.
Hydrangea, Gladiolus, Magnolia, Iris.
Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipstick is at P575 each.
Hydrangea, Gladiolus, Magnolia, Iris swatches under natural light. It’s nice of Revlon to send different shades for me to try- peachy, pink and red shade that I get to use everyday.
Three things I like about Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipstick:
1. One application is all you need because it’s nicely pigmented, save for the Magnolia that needs another swipe or two because of its light shade.
2. It glides smoothly and feels light on the lips plus the creamy vanilla scent makes it lovely to apply. Although, it doesn’t smell much na after you’ve applied it on your lips.
3. It’s non-drying on your lips. For someone who loves wearing lipstick, I’m used to having dry lips especially after a full day of switching from one lipstick shade to another- yes I have at least three lipstick tubes on my bag just because! With Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipstick, it leaves a hint of moisture with that silicon feel-I guess this what makes it glide smoothly. 🙂
I love it but I wish:
1. The lipstick retracts fully to avoid unwanted lipstick transfer to the cap. The clumsy me cannot close the lipstick without smudging traces of lipstick on the cap. The packaging could be better.
2. It doesn’t have any glitter. I’m not a shiny, shimmery lipstick aficionado and I prefer satin or matte finish lipsticks. If you can see the photo above, the Hydrangea shade has traces of glitters.
Overall, it’s a good everyday lipstick. For me, I think it’s like an upgraded version of a lip gloss. For P575 a tube, I recommend you choose a shade that works best for your skin tone. After all, there’s 20 shades to choose from, I’m sure there’s a shade for you.
Revlon Ultra HD™ Lipstick is available at all leading department stores nationwide.