Last week, my BFF blogger friend Kelly & I guested on Tita K’s podcast show- L3 or Live, Love, LOLz. It has been a life-long dream of Kelly to guest on the show. Shempre binuking ko talaga si Kelly! Hahahaha. As soon as Karrots (aka Tita K, aka @karotitay) messaged us to guest on her show, we couldn’t contain our excitement that we started exchanging ideas on what to talk about. While there are hundreds of topics we can think of, it boiled down to the one thing that The Traveling Boots & Go Jackie Go love doing- taking OOTDs & selfies.
The truth is, creating and making something is much more fun behind the scenes. I love it when magazines, TV shows, even movies post BTS clips because it gives me a glimpse of how people behind the show worked hard to create what they do. I always liked watching BTS even bloopers clips of my favorite TV shows & movies. Seeing what it is before the edits, before the post-process and what goes down to achieve such a perfect shot or video clip is always relatable, at least for me.
For those of you who, like me, follow Instgram accounts because of how Pinterst-worthy the photos are, have you ever wondered what really goes down to achieve that perfect shot?
This reminds me about the article”What people Instagram vs. what was really happening“. I can relate because I know that it takes
guts effort to create something pretty. So in this episode of Live, Love, LOLz, Kelly & I spilled some of our secrets when taking OOTDs.
[embedplusvideo height=”350″ width=”450″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1qiJCnx” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/M5pzUuPoAZo?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=M5pzUuPoAZo&width=450&height=350&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep4875″ /]
I shall self-judge myself and correct me: it should be *invest IN not ON* tama? 🙂
Quick recap on what to consider when doing an OOTD post:
1. Always start with what you have. Use the resources you have. Don’t buy clothes just so you can take photos of you wearing them, instead use those that are already in your closet. After all, you’re doing the whole OOTD thing because you want to show your personal style. If you have a garden or a garage that can serves a your OOTD backdrop, take advantage and use it. That way, your OOTD posts are uniquely yours not just because of your clothes, but because you have a distinct place only you can use. If you have a (photographer) friend or someone who’s good at taking photos, ask him/her to shoot your OOTDs.
2. Always credit. Have a make up artist friend or photographer help you out? Always include their names and links to their social media sites on your posts. Don’t be rude, always acknowledge the people who help you with your OOTD post. Who knows, if people like their work, they might get booked for a potential job, all thanks to you because you linked them.
3. Find your best angle. The oldest trick in the book. Know what angle works for you so you’ll be as confident & comfortable posing.
4. Plan your shoot. If you don’t have the luxury to shoot your OOTD everyday, dedicate a day to shoot your 1-week OOTD. Not only will this save you time, energy and effort, you’ll also be able to style your clothes for a week’s worth of outfits. A great advantage for working women and even for women like me who just like dressing up.
5. Enjoy & have fun. I like taking my OOTDs because I want to show my readers how I dress up for certain occasions and even for a regular day. If it has become a hassle for you then I suggest take a step back and relax. Things like this is suppose to be fun and should not cause you stress. Always remember, if you’re doing what you love doing, it’s not considered work at all. So relax, enjoy and have fun!
I do hope you learned a thing or two watching our Live, Love, LOLz episode. If waley, I’m sure madami naman kayong tawa? Heeheehee.
You can also watch my first ever guesting on Live, Love, LOLz which was a year ago.
[embedplusvideo height=”350″ width=”450″ editlink=”http://bit.ly/1sgDYKi” standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/Vp47yJGvEXI?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=Vp47yJGvEXI&width=450&height=350&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep1672″ /]
Happy Chooseday! 🙂