May is the month where we celebrate one special day in honor of the mothers in the world. I have written a post about it here. Now I am one myself, I think being a mom is the coolest title one can have. Moms are unique and have their way of parenting but if there’s one thing we moms have in common, it is our utter and selfless love that we give to our children.
I still remember what it was like the first time I held lil’ Ms. GJG. It was an overwhelming feeling of love and fear. Love that involves happiness and fear that resonates uncertainty. When I became a mom to Gabbie I was confident somehow that I can do the works because I helped my sister with her kids. Child-rearing felt normal, like I was destined to be a mom. But what I didn’t anticipate was the emotional side of motherhood. The amount of work we moms need to do was nothing compared to the overwhelming feeling of love, fear, joy, anxiety, paranoia, and happiness.
Despite the lack of preparation when it comes to motherhood (no one ever is!) I made sure of one thing: that I will be the best version of myself for my family so that I can only give them the best. In everything new, trial and error is always the best learning method. Practice, as what they say can make things perfect. I applied both until I found my rhythm and parenting style that I can call my own. There is no secret when it comes to motherhood. All the books about it, the stories you hear from family and friends, even the unsolicited advice you get from strangers. All these can only do so much to help you prepare for your own journey to motherhood. Your decisions greatly affect you as a parent and of course your children.
Remember my post about Philips Avent Trusted Moms? It is such an honor for me to be chosen as one. With the tons of products available in the market today, it is up to us moms to carefully choose what we think is best for our family. As much as I want to buy and try all the products for moms and babies, I just can’t. I don’t have the budget, the time and space to do so. Afterall, we moms live by word-of-mouth most of the time and would only try a product when most of our friends or family recommend.
Here’s a trivia-Did you know that Philips Avent has been around since 1984 and has been partnering with mothers all over the world to create and provide products that help them in caring for their children? They focus on providing products that can greatly help moms in being the best parents they can be for their kids. With that, I’d like you to take a look at the latest product line of Philips Avent- The Natural Line, which is bound to hit the stores by mid-May of this year.
Look at how sleek the new and improved Philips Avent Natural Breastpump.
Both the single and double pumps are smaller than an iPhone (vertical wise).
I love the new Philips Avent Natural bottles! They’re rounder which mimics the breasts so there’s less chance for nipple confusion. Yay!
Luckily, I had the chance to try this baby out for myself. I’ve never owned nor used a double pump before so this really got me giddy for I know immediately that my pumping session will be cut shorter.
The Philips Avent Natural Twin Electric Pump comes with a free bag that’s as sleek as the pump itself.
It comes with two 4 oz. bottles, covers, manual, two pairs of breast pads and a free adaptor too!
I love it because:
- For only 15 minutes, it can pump and drain milk from both breasts, definitely a time saver.
- No need to sit up straight or lean forward to get the milk flowing as you can sit comfortably while pumping due to its unique design.
- Gently stimulates let down and milk flow. It feels like getting a gentle massage thanks to the soft cushions of the breast shells that look like petals.
- Easy usage. On/off button and three settings to choose from. Easy, hassle-free pumping. You only need to touch the buttons thrice (minimum) to turn it on and wait for let down, operate and turn it off.
- It has covers that can be used if you need to frequently pump, no need to wash the breast pump paraphernalia every time as you can stash them in your refrigerator if you cannot sterilize it every use.
- Compact and lightweight design that’s easy to lug around even when on mobile.
- It can be battery operated. As much I want to bring it wherever I go, I have to make sure there’s an outlet where I can plug it in.
- It’s more quieter. I’m used to my single breast pump that produces minimal sound. But as I’ve learned from other nursing moms, double pumps are usually louder compared to single pumps. Nonetheless, your lil’ bugger can still sleep while you pump, it’s not as disturbing naman.
I’m very thankful that Philips Avent has released this new product that’s more natural. This has tremendously helped me produce a sustainable amount of milk for lil’ Mr. GJG. If more moms get to experience this technology, then I believe more moms will become nursing moms, making breastfeeding less of a threat and more natural.
I love it and I would definitely recommend Philips Avent Natural Double Pump and the rest of their Natural products to all soon-to-be-moms and nursing moms. I even got the no-spill sippy cup for lil’ Mr. GJG, I can’t wait for him to try it. I’ll post a reveiw of that next time.
More milk in less time. Say bye-bye to ouchy pumping and hello to comfort and massaging! 😉
For more information about Philips Avent Natural Breastpump click here. To inquire about prices and product availability please call (02) 7139435 to 38 loc 134 or 143, look for Rechella or Angela. If you want to view the products or buy ahead, visit the Philips Avent showroom- LJS Corporate Center 550 Magistrado Abad Santos St. Bacood Sta. Mesa, Manila.
Thank you again Philips Avent for choosing me to be part of The Trusted Moms circle. I’m excited to get first dibs on your soon-to-be released products as well as to share my reviews of them to my readers. 🙂