One of the things that’s challenging when it comes to meal preps is finding healthy ingredients. Sure it’s easy to toss white meat and veggies together but sometimes the carbs and calories are masked behind your favorite pasta noodle or seasoning. As I was searching for better alternatives, I discovered 7Grains, a company dedicated in giving us healthy food substitution. Whether you’re craving for your favorite pasta or soy based dish, 7Grains has got you covered.
7Grains Company is a convenient and sustainable “healthy food substitution” brand.
They source and create the best possible healthy alternatives to food we normally consume. They make sure they deliver the highest quality, all natural and least processed options without burning a hole in one’s pocket. They offer products that are low in calories, significantly less sugar and salt than its commercial counterparts.
They are certified in delivering high quality and nutritious food options for every product they have. Each one went through rigorous verifying, researching and collaborating with their in house food technicians and third party organizations locally and internationally to ensure safety and integrity to all their products.
Skinny Carbs Shirataki Noodles, Php 95
Known as konjac or shirataki noodles. These have recently been dubbed as the “holy grail” of dieting in European and US whole food stores. They are also included in the top health foods in Japan and are slowly getting recognition as a superfood because of its nutritional benefits.
- Virtually calorie free; aids in slimming combined with a healthy food program
- Vegan Product -primary ingredient is Glucomannan (natural ingredient from the konjac plant), Glucomannan is commonly found in many fiber/ natural plant based slimming pills
- Dietary Fiber -known as innohuki in Japan; meaning broom of the stomach, aids in sweeping toxins from the intestines
- Diabetic Friendly – reduces glucose levels and sugar spikes (healthy noodle substitute for Type 2 diabetics)
- Cholesterol Reduction – inhibits the transport and absorption of cholesterol in the colon
- Gastrointestinal Regulation – glucomannan swells with the absorption of water making it a useful laxative
Skinny Seasoning Liquid Protein Aminos Concentrate, Php 120 and Skinny Tomato Healthy Tomato Ketchup, Php 155
Skinny Seasoning Liquid Protein Aminos Concentrate
Made from USDA selected soybeans. This condiment is naturally fermented to give you a distinct “UMAMI” flavor which is full bodied and healthy.
Now you can enjoy this guiltless condiment to season your food while cooking or at your table.
- Gluten free
- Certified non–gmo
- 1.16 calorie per serving as opposed to reduced sodium soysauce which is 15–25 calories
- Contains 16 amino acids
- No table salt; sodium from naturally fermented soy beans
- No preservatives or added coloring
- 10x more anti oxidants than red wine
- Contains oligosaccharides which support the growth of “friendly” bacteria in our digestive system
SWAP to regular or reduced sodium soy sauce and other all liquid seasoning products for a flavorful substitute.
Skinny Tomato Healthy Tomato Ketchup
Made from premium, fresh and juicy ripe red tomatoes for the best tasting ketchup with all natural ingredients.
Sweetened by USDA Organic coconut sap sugar, with zero tolerance for cane sugar.
70% less sea salt than leading commercial brands, its truly the healthiest ketchup around, they’ve checked
- low calorie
- made with organic coconut sap sugar
- safe for diabetics (low glycemic)
- vegan product
- no artificial flavors
- no artificial preservatives
- gluten free
- contains INULIN – a soluble dietary fiber that promotes digestive health and may lower cholesterol
- contains anti oxidants
- contains lycopene
If you’re a seasoned condiments user (see what I did there? Hahaha) then these Skinny Liquid Aminos and Tomato Ketchup is for ya! Love the liquid aminos (which I drizzle on white meat to give it a bit of flavor) ‘coz it tastes like our favorite soy sauce but healthier. I also like the ketchup which is 70% less sodium, it’s my favorite condiment for my chicken burger 🙂
Skinny Veggie Chips, Php 90/pack
Available in lightly salted and cheddar & chives flavor
∙ all-natural ∙ gluten free ∙ vegan ∙ MSG free ∙ no added coloring, preservatives, or artificial flavoring ∙ no added flour or wheat (only starch naturally occurring from the yellow cassava) ∙
Ingredients: yellow cassava, moringa oleifera, squash, carrots, water spinach, corchorus, sweet potato tops, water, vegetable oil, sea salt , cracked black pepper, and spices
Serial snackers like me would love the Skinny Veggie Chips. Another healthy alternative to the usual chips. Packs the same crunch as our favorite chips yet it’s waaaaaay more healthier!
7Grains Organic Bean Pasta, Php 125/box
7Grains Bean Pasta is a vegan, plant based protein made of USDA certified organic edamame beans. It is low in carbohydrates, has high protein and fiber content, and free from additives. 22g Carbs and 12g Fiber per serving and has no added sugar. It comes in two variants: Edamame and Yellow Soybean.
Now I can prep Aglio Olio with shrimp and capers on days when I’m craving with this Bean Pasta! I’ll probably blog about using this and post a recipe, yes? 🙂
Shop 7Grains online HERE.
Leave a Reply