“Wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy
Grab my glasses, I’m out the door, I’m gonna hit this city”
*insert Ke$ha’s Tick Tock video here*
Okaaaaay, that’s not really what I felt upon waking up today. I definitely didn’t feel like a mogul rapper nor did I leave my daughter at home to explore the city. BUT! yes, I woke up to that tune. LSS perhaps? Or was it just a dream? Nonetheless, I know today is MY day and this was my theme song.
Aaaaah, another year! My second birthday that I’ve come to share with my netizen friends. Check out my last year’s post about being twenty five here. Yikes, it’s been a year already? Gosh, I don’t think I’ve accomplished even one of the twenty five things on my bucket list, next year perhaps.
Birthdays are often times much celebrated when we were young. As kids we look forward to it because of the idea of getting toys as gifts or our parents throwing us a birthday party. As teenagers we like spending it with friends partying or having an intimate celebration with that special someone. But as we grow older we realize we don’t really need to do something special, as long as we spend our special day with our family, that’s celebration right there.
I don’t really “celebrate” my birthday, and I don’t have a tradition to follow. I just wanted it spent with the people I love. There’s really nothing special happening today. More than the act of celebrating, I take this day of the year to assess myself and let the emo in me come out. If there’s one thing I’ve learned while growing up, it is that life is too beautiful to get caught up being too sentimental. But here I am being sentimental, looking back on who I was and who I am now. So after 25 years, 300 months, 1,200 weeks and approximately 9,125 days, I can now considerably say that I’ve gotten to know and accept myself even more. My then and now can be quite contradicting but they made me who I am now so there’s no shame in that. As for my good & bad traits, well I can say they go hand in hand like peanut butter & jelly or here in the Philippines, like champorado & tuyo (pwede!).
Since I want you guys to know me a little bit more, here are some things I’ve learned (and finally accepted) about me that I’d like to share with all of you.
– I always thought of myself as a loner, only did I realize that I’m not. That I just enjoy my “me” time but love spending time with family & friends.
– I am shy. But thanks to social media I am now open to the fact that it’s okay to open up & share your thoughts, feelings and ideas to other people. I am slowly
liking loving the idea. After all it’s a small world, it’s time to open up to it.
– I am a really, really, really nice person but I can be a meanie too. I am often judged as snobby but I’m totally (yes, totally) not. But I’ve learned that I can be really mean only if I need to and if I feel like I need to protect myself and my loved ones. So, it’s true that you really can change if you must and if you want to. Oh and don’t worry, I’m still nice & I don’t bite. I have a perky personality that only spreads good vibes!
– My being a perfectionist has managed to make my being OC its lifetime partner. When I’m really not satisfied with something, even though it’s time consuming and energy draining, I just had to do it again. Like the saying goes: “If you want the job done right, you have to do it yourself”. This has been proven many times in my case.
– I am competitive. I always like the thrill of a challenge, I compete not because I wanna beat someone but because I wanna prove to myself that I’m worth the win and because I know I can win. I compete with myself but more than that, I compete with my husband physically and mentally of course (and most of the time I lose on those bets/challenges but I feel really, really, really happy when I win because my husband is very much competitive like I am!) So winning against him is always as good as winning for myself!
-I lack patience. Yes, I’ve always tweeted about how patience is a virtue and I at least try to practice that saying, but I’ve come to admit that I still lack it. Hey, at least I make an effort to try ya know. Thank God I have a very very understanding husband who have made me realize how much impatient I am and with that I promised him that I will try & try (until I succeed) to practice at least an extra ounce of patience everyday.
-Buy not only because you want but because you need. I have come to apply this most of the time, as I’ve said before I am no longer an impulsive buyer. As much as I wanna shop ’til I drop especially during sale season I just couldn’t do it anymore. More than the idea that my closet space is limited, I wanted to invest on things that I know would last if not a lifetime at least until I can pass it down to my daughter. If ever there are things I want to buy but don’t necessarily need, I weigh in the reasons why I should get it and what happens if I don’t. Eventually, it boils down to value for the money and the longevity of its usage.
–Simplicity is beauty. I don’t own a lot of things but from what I’ve learned it’s not the quantity that is important but the quality. I once believed that “the more, the
many-er merrier” it is when it comes to material things. But then again as I become a little bit more mature each year, I have come to apply “less is more” in a lot of things.
So far these are some of the things I’ve come to accept and learned about myself. I hope I get to add more that, I’ll have to write about next year! I bet it’ll be enough sentiments to cover another year! LOL
Well, since Gabbie and I got the flu bug (sad that she caught it from me *sad face*), we decided to rest and relax the entire day and enjoy our time together. She was busy enjoying watching her Barney, Elmo,and Care Bears DVDs while I was busy fattening myself with chips & chocolates and other junks (I blame PMS) and watching the latest season of Parenthood. So as soon as the husband got home, we decided to celebrate my birthday over dinner. Here are some pictures I’d like to share with you all.
Thank you everyone who greeted me on Twitter and on Facebook too! As I’ve posted a while ago on my Facebook: “Birthdays are special because they’re celebrated with the people you love. But more than that, it becomes more special because of people you may not see everyday but get to interact with through social media. Thank you for all the greetings! Each one of you just made my day! ♥”
Aaaah another year of blessings, desserts, beautiful events, bargains, happiness, good vibes & perhaps another baby. Weeeeee. I guess twenty six isn’t that bad after all! Happy birthday to me indeed! 😀
This was supposed to be published yesterday but poor sick me thought I did but only to find out this morning that I didn’t.
Will draw the winner of my birthday giveaway tomorrow, will try to announce tomorrow or Saturday! Thanks to everyone who joined! 😀